It is possible to learn to play a guitar by watching YouTube or visiting websites like www.chordsworld.com/ which can show you a lot of things. On the other hand, having an actual instructor can make a huge difference to your learning progress. With a good teacher on your side, you are certain to avoid bad practices, learn faster and also, learn things you would not know on your own.
Every Guitar is Unique
The thing is, guitar instructors have unique characteristics. There are some who are teaching guitar lessons as a way to make ends meet. Then again, some are naturally born with remarkable skills but is lacking of teaching skills. Then, there are those who hit the right balance in teaching and understand what you should know and need.
So how you can find a guitar teacher just like the latter? There are few points that must be checked and this includes:
- Great teaching skills, which is important than any other guitar skills your instructor would have
- Constantly study new teaching strategies and methods to help its students learn faster. Simply speaking, a real passion for teaching
- Is into the same music genre or style as you
- Specializing in music that you wishes to learn
- Personable because at the end of the day, no matter how good your teacher is, if you can’t connect with them, you’ll have a hard time to learn
If you’d be able to find a teacher that meets the majority of the points mentioned, then there is a good chance that you’ll have a wonderful experience.
What to avoid when Hiring a Guitar Teacher?
Every instructor will try claiming that they can provide you with the best lessons. With each teacher doing so, it becomes difficult to find out who is really good and not. Here are some red flags to not fall into their tricks.
Claiming to Teach all Styles
There is nobody who is an expert in every music style and genre. Guitar instructors who are claiming that they could teach anything must be avoided at all costs.
Withholding Lesson Information and Rates
There are some who will not be publishing their rates on their page. The reason why is because, it helps them to convince you to join for their lessons. Withholding information is pretty common among teachers who are not confident in things that they can offer.Read More Tricks in Finding the Best Guitar Teacher